After WhatsApp Disappearing messages and Whatsapp Payments, the messaging app has brought a new Ecommerce like feature that will help customers to get easily connected to sellers.
Also, the sellers can be the most benefiting from this feature as they can reach out to more customers with less engagement on the app.
The app will now enable them to showcase their products and services to customers with photos and prices. The customers can view those products or services catalogues and easily enquire/negotiate with sellers.
Let’s see how Whatsapp Business works at the seller end.
- As a seller, you have to install the WhatsApp Business app on your phone. The app is available on both android and IOS.
- Once the app is installed, register your Mobile number on this app. The process is the same as regular WhatsApp. Remember, you have to use a new mobile number for this app. Your current WhatsApp number can’t be used for this. (if you use it, you have to shift from regular WhatsApp to WhatsApp Business and you may lose all your previous WhatsApp chats).
- After registration, update your business name and category.
- In the chat window, tap on the options button, then Business Tools.
- In the business tools menu, Select Catalog.
- Once you are on the Catalogue screen, tap on the Add Item button.
- Then enter Item Name and Price if you want more details, tap om More fields option. Here you can add more details related to your product or service.
- Select Add Image to add images of your product or service.
- Tap the Save button and you are done.
Follow same process for all your Products or Services.
After you have created your catalogue, people can view your catalogues and reply directly from your product listings.
Also, now you can accept payments on Whaysap Pay, so it’s now more time-saving and convenient for business. You can read more about WhatsApp Payments by clicking here.
For your convenience, we have created a short video of the same. You can click here to view the video.